Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Love Monster

While most people wait until the day of a holiday or special event to give presents, the Forrest Family (the one that lives in Hewitt) has always been bad about giving gifts early. Valentine's Day will be no different this year. Last night Michele had gone out to eat with her friends and when she came home she had some new dress pants for me and she said Happy Valentine's Day as she handed me the bag. Not to be out done, the boys decided to get in on the action this morning. I got up a little earlier than normal to help with Cade and he gave me a V-Day present just a few moments after his bottle. I got him dressed and then went to take a shower - to rinse off the gift that Cade gave me. That is when he decide to deliver his second present. A few short minutes later, I was out of the shower and Michele had changed, again. She did not think that the spit-up on her shirt was very professional looking. Having both received a present, we continued to work through our morning routine, pausing to admire our little gift giver smiling as he stood in his excersaucer watching Curious George. He was so adorable in his Mickey Mouse Valentine's outfit that we decided to take a picture. That is when he decide to deliver his third present. A gift that we could all share. Michele picked him up and my heart began to pound feverishly as I noticed a dark black bruise down the back of his left leg. I told Michele to stop what she was doing so I could get a closer look. It was about that time that I felt and then smelt the bruise. It was actually a turd that had leaked out of the diaper somehow! I am still not sure how this happened; the package said that the diaper would hold up to 20lbs and I am pretty sure that there was only 10-12 pounds of poop in his diaper.

That is not the best part. By picking him up & inspecting him, Michele and I both managed to get poop on us; not to mention the damage done to the Mickey Mouse Valentine's outfit and the excersaucer. We were both now late for work and we didn't even get a good V-Day picture of our little Love Monster.

No comments: