Thursday, March 27, 2008

When life hads you lemons......

....make lemonade. When life hands you bananas, make banana pudding (that tastes like Mammie's). But what about when your job hands you a total nightmare? What if there is not a sunny side, a different/optimistic point of view or a better alternative? What if you are the Marketing Coordinator of a "partnership" and the presidents of the two divisions are not seeing eye to eye and have even ask you to start referring to the "partnership" as an alliance? What if it is not possible to present a unified marketing message? What if prospects and even current clients are beginning to believe the competition when they talk about the pitfalls of your companies "partnership"? What if you are ask to do so many different things that you can't get your job done and a year long promise of promotion has not come to fruition? What if you have a no-count salesman, a poorly managed development staff and a leader with poor vision? Oh, and did I mention that the net growth of our client base over the past four years is only 8%. That sounds great for some, but it stinks if you are not reaching your potential and if you are not providing that foundation for strong future growth.

What if I start to look for another job? Will I be happy somewhere else? Would someone else utilize my talents and give me an opportunity to put my education to use? Would I earn a MBA-sized salary?

I don't know, but sometimes I wonder.

No comments: